Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Colors: Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up & NYC Lexington Yellow


Squee! Halloween is fast approaching! Of course, that means my nails are pretty much all Halloween related for the next week and a half! Today I'll be showing you my favorite orange and yellow, the classic Halloween colors :)


The orange is Sunny Side Up by Wet N Wild. It's a lighter, bright orange than most orange you see this time of year. It's not really a pumpkin orange, but it works well nonetheless! Photos show three coats, topped with Out the Door, taken under Ott Lite. 


Sunny Side Up is a bit streaky, but it does self level and even out after three coat. At a buck a piece, and available pretty much everywhere,  I'd say it's totally worth it! In fact, my bottle is getting a bit low, and I think I'll need to grab another!


And my favorite yellow is Lexington Yellow by NYC. Again, it's a bit on the lighter side, but it pairs perfectly with Sunny Side Up, and makes for the most adorable candy corn combination ever :) 
Sadly, my relationship with Lexington Yellow is a bit love-hate. I absolutely adore the color, and it's the perfect yellow for me! But the formula is atrocious, even for a yellow. The above photo is four coats. FOUR! And it's still a bit streaky. Now I know yellows have a history of dodgy formulas, but I have several yellows in my stash that perform well enough (for other colors) or even exceptionally (for yellow). But none of them are this SPECIFIC shade of yellow. Which is what I want, but haven't been able to find. So I persevere, because I love the color, but I'm seriously on a dupe hunt. If there's a duplicate for this color in a similar price range (about $2), please let me know, I'll be all over it! 

What are your favorite colors for Halloween? Let me know in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment