Sunday, March 24, 2013

Woman of Pleasure by Literary Lacquer

Last week, Literary Lacquer released a brand new collection, called The Good Parts, inspired by erotic fiction ranging from Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure, published in 1748, right up through the 50 Shades books.  Creator Amy was kind enough to send me a few of her new polishes to review for you, so let's get down to it!


The first polish (of four) that I have for you is Woman of Pleasure, inspired by Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure. Originally published in 1748, the book was banned for over 200 years, presumably do to those "good parts" the collection is named for :) Amy describes woman of pleasure as "a periwinkle crelly base with navy and lavender sparkle, matte light pink, large navy hexes, and magenta circle glitter." I personally used three coats, topped with Seche Vite. Photos taken under Ott Lite. 


Woman of Pleasure is not a color I would have picked, but I'm glad it was in my package, as I love it! The base is a light periwinkle with touches of grey in some lighting, and the glitter combo is quite fun! Circle glitters are so hot right now, and I love seeing them as accents, rather than the whole glitter package. The formula on this one was great: It applied smoothly, and the glitter coverage was fantastic! It was a bit sheer, and I needed three coats to completely cover my nail line, but it didn't become thick at all. I actually wore this one for three days, with minimal tip wear and no chipping. 

You may recall my previous Literary Lacquer reviews, from the Midsummer Night's Dream Collection: Jealous Oberon, Love In Idleness and An Honest Puck (which was #10 on my top 12 polishes of 2012!). All of those polishes, along with The Good Parts Collection, can be purchased on Etsy. Full sized bottles run $10. Be sure to like Literary Lacquer on Facebook- there's a giveaway in the works when she hits 1000, and she is soo close!


*This polish was provided to me by Literary Lacquer for an honest review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment