Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bionic Mmmm-Detector by Literary Lacquer

Are you ready to see another polish from The Good Parts Collection? Literary Lacquer sent me several polishes from her brand new collection to review. Let's take a look at Bionic Mmmm-Detector, shall we? 


Bionic Mmmm-Detector is inspired by the book Vox, by Nicholson Baker. The entire bulk of the book is a conversation on one of those 1-900 sex lines! Creator Amy describes this polish as "black jelly packed with aqua, teal, blue and green microglitter." I've shown three coats, topped with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite. First three photos are taken in natural, full sunlight. 


This one was a stunner for me! I love black jellies, and I love microglitterbombs! You could easily layer Bionic Mmmm-Detector over a black creme, but you would lose So. Much. Glitter! by doing so. 


Look at that! You don't want to lose out on all that glitter, do you? 


Remaining photos are all taken under Ott Lite. 


I find it easiest to describe this polish as though it were a duochrome. The most predominant glitter color is a bright aqua, with flashes of teal and true blue. An almost emerald green shows up occasionally, being most visible in low-light conditions. 


I was very impressed with Bionic Mmmm-Detector overall. Microglitterbombs (a word that I've probably just made up, but will continue to use forever!) are famously a bit difficult to apply, requiring complete drying time between coats to prevent dragging the glitter off of your nail. They are also notoriously topcoat-hungry requiring several coats to smooth things over. I had neither of those issues with this polish! I applied it like any other polish, meaning I did one coat, starting with my ring finger and working my way through to my thumb (I always do my pinkie last for some reason), and then immediately started my second coat. And so on for the third coat. The glitter stayed absolutely put. I did top with Gelous and Seche Vite on my swatching hand, but it wasn't necessary to use both, and I didn't on my right, dominant hand. One coat of Seche Vite was enough to smooth everything out nicely. 

If you haven't tried anything from Literary Lacquer yet, I highly recommend that you do. Amy creates some beautiful glitter combinations, as well as stunningly strong and vividly colored linear holos! Literary Lacquer can be purchased on Etsy for $10 per bottle, and can be liked on Facebook


*This polish was sent to me by Literary Lacquer for an honest review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment