Tuesday, January 15, 2013

NEW 31 Day Challenge: Watercolor


Watercolor is another new technique to me- I'm gonna have a difficult time finding a new technique for day 17 at this rate!


I started with a base of Sinful Colors Beau Khaki. Then, one nail at a time, I painted on random spots of Sinful Colors Nirvana, Exotic Green and In the Mist. While the spots were still wet, I took my fan brush dipped in nail polish remover (belatedly realizing that you're supposed to use straight acetone) and swished it over the top of everything. I think it turned out nice, though- I love the camo look, especially on my middle finger! My father was a 25 year Army man, and this reminds me of the old school BDU's he wore when I was a kid :)

Have you tried watercolor manis before? What are your thoughts? While I like the finished product, I'm not sure this is a technique I'll return to very often.

Check out the rest of the watercolor manis in the links below!






2 comments: