Monday, January 7, 2013

NEW 31 Day Challenge: Ombre/Skittle


Ugh, Monday again! And I'm late posting, because I THOUGHT I had this drafted already, but did not. And I was running late for work this morning. But that's alright, because today's mani cheered me right up! Our prompt for today was Ombre or Skittle. 


This mani was a bit of an accident. I painted the base colors, and planned on doing some stamping over them. Then I got a last minute dinner invitation, and dinged my middle finger while washing my hair :( Not wanting to start over, I planned on doing another layering of polish, but then I loved the funky French tip so much that I repeated it on all my other nails!


Base polishes, thumb-pinkie: Sinful Colors Dream On, Sinful Colors Cream Pink, Rimmel Sunset Orange over Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up, LA Colors Flicker over Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lightening, and Sinful Colors Happy Ending. The French tips were drawn on freehand, using (thumb to pinkie again) Sinful Colors Cream Pink, Sally Hansen Insta Dri Presto Pink, Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up, Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lightening, and Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Limestone. 

Simple, but what do you think? I LOVE the neons in the dead of winter- really livened things up a bit! Check out the other Skittle manis in the links below!





No comments:

Post a Comment