Monday, January 28, 2013

NEW 31 Day Challenge: Inspired by Your Favorite Color, featuring Physician's Formula


Today's prompt was to do a manicure inspired by your favorite color. Well, I'm a pink girl, all the way, but we already did a "pink day", way back on the 4th. We also did "Your Favorite Color Family" on the 6th. I wanted to do something completely different from either of those days, and I came across this beauty at Walmart, and thought it fit the bill!


This beauty is the Endless Color trio in California Goddess, by Physician's Formula. I didn't even know Physician's Formula made nail polish! I've always been a fan of their blushes and shadows, so I thought I would give the polish a try out. There is even a nail art guide along one side of the box, showing several different ways the colors can be combined. 


The bottles snap together- how cool is that?! They probably won't fit in a Helmer once they're stacked, but I keep my polish in standard desk drawers, and they fit just fine.  


As you can see from the photos, the California Goddess set that I chose contains dark but bright (does that make sense?) orange jelly, a lighter bright orange creme and a raspberry pink that is somewhere between a creme and a jelly finish. All polishes are shown at three coats, and there is no VNL to be seen from the jelly or the semi-jelly. The lighter orange (unfortunately, there are no individual polish names) was a bit streaky, but the other two went on perfectly. And can I just say how much I'm in love with that pink? I want a full size bottle, but I didn't see any polishes in the PF display, other than the sets. 

Physician's Formula can be purchased at Walmart, Walgreen's, CVS, et cetera. Pretty much: wherever drugstore brand polishes are sold. They were priced at $9.97 at Walmart, with a $2 off coupon on each trio, which I stupidly forgot to use. 

Have you given these a try yet? Will you? 

Be sure to check out the rest of the "favorite color" manis in the links below!








No comments:

Post a Comment