Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Celestial Descent by BG Cosmetics

As promised, today I have another polish to show off by Bitch Glitz, aka BG Cosmetics. 


Today's polish is Celestial Descent, "an opaque yellow cream, strewn with red, yellow and white glitter and flitter that looks like celestial rays of sunlight on your nails." 

This is not a creme polish. It is very shimmery, and almost frosty when worn layered on itself, as shown above- three coats, topped with Seche Vite. The "flitter" is a fun addition, though- sheer white satin shards :)


As much as I (surprisingly!) liked the pale yellow on its own, I decided to try to layer it as well, and wow! This is one coat of Celestial Descent over NYC Lexington Yellow, and I can't get enough of it! I always feel odd wearing yellow polish, as it is not at all complementary to my skin tone, but I just don't care! It's so bright and cheery, and this combination has me thinking spring for sure! 

This polish applied like a dream, either way I wore it. There is one shard glitter on my ring finger in the very first photo that I could not get to spread out and lay flat. Other than that one, rogue glitter- perfect.

Alone, it is a very pale, buttery color with a ton of shimmer and a touch of frostiness. It is very unobtrusive- pale and polite without being a basic nude or pink. Layered over a light yellow creme, it packs such a springtime punch. I truly can't wait for all this snow and ice to go away! 

Bitch Glitz polishes, as well as a few eyeshadows, can be purchased on Etsy. Full sized polishes run $10, while four piece collections can be purchased for $35- great deal if you want the whole set! Be sure to like Bitch Glitz on Facebook as well!


*This polish was sent to me for an honest review. 


2 comments:

  1. Yellow is not my thing, but this does look like an interesting polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a big fan of yellow either, but when I noticed I barely had any yellow polish, I started picking up several! And I think I'm hooked- yellow may just be my color for this spring!

    ReplyDelete