Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bootiful by BNVS Nail Color: Swatch & Review

Hello, dears! Today is a special day for me, as it marks my return to indie reviews! When I began the Crumpet's Nail Tarts' New 31 Day Challenge, I was soo sure that I would have NO problem keeping up with both the challenge AND doing polish reviews. And packing, and moving, and painting the new house, and working, and and and. Silly me! But today I am back, with a brand new indie, BNVS Nail Color! (And I promise, I have many more indie, and even some Big Brand posts batched and ready to go, lest I fall behind again.)


Today's color is Bootiful, from BNVS' Fall 2012 color line. Lana, the creator, calls this color a vibrant orange, and says that three coats are probably necessary to get a streak free, truly vibrant color.


If you aren't aware by now, I'm a huge sucker for creme polishes, and obviously I a giant fan and supporter or indie polishes. So when those two things combine, I'm in heaven. I'm also starting to get into a bit of a winter slump, so bright colors have definitely been my go to recently. 


Bootiful is a bright, cheery carrot-y orange creme polish. I did use three coats, as recommended, but if you are a more careful polisher, I think two would be fine. The color was very bright and opaque in two coats, but there were indeed some patchiness issues, so I applied the third. Overall, the application on this polish was wonderful. It's gorgeous on its own, and makes for an excellent base for nail art or glitter toppers. I topped with Seche Vite. Photos are taken under my Ott Lite. 

BNVS Nail colors come in thin square bottles, which I love- 90% of hand poured indie polishes come in the same round bottle with a black cap- myself included! So anything that stands out from the crowd wins in my book. The label, however, is round, and doesn't quite fit. You can see it hanging off the edge ned my thumb in the first photo. This is in no way a deal breaker, but if you're an obsessive picker like me, it will drive you slightly crazy!

This polish also smells odd. It's not super stinky, or any stronger than any other indie polish I've used. In fact, the smell is probably less strong, and doesn't linger very long. But it does smell . . . different. I don't mean this to be a criticism, as it is not a bad thing, but I did think it was worth mentioning. 

I do have several other colors to review from BNVS' Fall 2012 color line, and I couldn't be more excited! I've been very impressed with the quality and application of the polishes I've worn so far, and expect to see the same from those that are sitting in my untried box.

Have you heard of or tried anything from BNVS Nail Color? Polishes can be purchased on Etsy- 1/2 oz bottles are only $3.50!


*This polish was sent to me for an honest review. 









No comments:

Post a Comment