Thursday, December 20, 2012

Argyle by Candy Lacquer

Today's polish combo is probably the two oldest untrieds that I've ever had! I purchased Argyle in July, and won Sunset Orange around the same time, and I knew right off the bat that I was going to use them together. I just . . . never got around to it. Until now! 


First up we have some shots of my base color, Rimmel London Sunset Orange. It's a super vibrant, pretty much neon corally red. It definitely has orange tones, but I don't think orange would be the name I would choose for it! 


Check out that glow in the sun! This polish did stain slightly, so double up on your basecoat if you use it!


And here we have the Belle of the Ball: Argyle by Candy Lacquer. I fell in love with the concept of this polish as soon as I saw it, and bought it as soon as I could. Then about a month later, I saw PURPLE argyle, which I totally would have gotten instead, had I known it existed. We all know how fond I am of blue :( But it works with the orange, so . . . 


Argyle is a clear topcoat filled with matte blue, white and black diamonds, plus black and white bars. It totally does give off an argyle vibe on the nails. 


As for the review, I'm really sorry to say . . . this polish was a Pain. In. The. Ass. to apply. Attempting to paint it on resulted in, basically, just a topcoat. I can handle dabbing, and it's to be expected with larger glitters, so I dabbed. I dabbed on four coats to get the coverage you see here. I don't know if I didn't wait long enough between coats, or what the issue may have been, but there is some massive bubbling going on here. Enlarge that closeup pic and you can see it on my ring and pinkie nails. The diamonds wanted to clump together in one spot also, I ended up shoving them around quite a bit with an orange stick. If you don't have a lot of patience when it comes to polish, sadly, this is not the polish for you. I definitely think the end result was worth the struggle I went through, and I WILL wear it again, but probably not very often. 

This is the ONLY polish that I own by Candy Lacquer, so please do not take this mostly negative review as a slam on the brand, as I've heard nothing but good things about them overall. It will not deter me from purchasing Candy Lacquers in the future. I think it's the nature of the beast. 

Candy Lacquer specialized in glitter topcoats, and can be purchased on Etsy. Be sure to Like on Facebook as well for restock information. 





1 comment:

  1. This polish is to cute! The name couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete