Monday, December 31, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Black & White

Happy New Year, dolls! This is a bit early if you're a fellow American, but I wanted to make sure this one was posted tonight, and I'm on my way to bed, as I have to work in the morning :(


As you can see, I'm starting the New Year off with a bang and a challenge! Jumping right into #2 on my 13 Things for 2013- improve upon my nail art, and to do more of it in general! I'm doing something a little different with this challenge, in that I'm not going to promise to use an indie polish in every manicure. I just don't have indie polishes that match some of my ideas, and I feel like it's cheating to use an indie branded topcoat just to say that I did. I have plenty of posts batched, and will be double posting most days, so you will still get your indie fix!


I've seen these dice nails ALL. OVER. and I've been dying to give them a whirl myself- Black & White Challenge day seemed the perfect opportunity. I was so excited about this challenge, I actually did this mani weeks early- pretty much as soon as I found out about it!- so that wonky, uneven middle finger is back :( But just for today.


This was an incredibly easy to execute, but very impactful manicure. I got so many compliments on it! The base is Maybelline Color Show Porcelain Party with an accent nail of Sinful Colors Black on Black. The dots were done in the opposite color with the largest of my dotting tools. 

Be sure to check out the rest of the Black & White manis in the links below!





10 comments:

  1. Very neat. Good luck with the challenge. Love the dice idea you did here.
    Happy New Year!!! Here's to many more polishes and awesomeness in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially that you used an accent nail !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised this is the first time I have seen this design, but I love it. I can't wait to see what you have for ua throughout this challenge.

    ReplyDelete