Tuesday, December 25, 2012

12 Days of Christmas: Santa Claus

Merry Christmas, dears! I hope your days is truly joyous, and that you get to spend time with loved ones, fawn over gifts given and received, and eat tons of yummy holiday foods! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, then happy Tuesday to you, and I hope that you have a wonderful day as well :)


This is, of course, the final prompt in the 12 Days of Christmas challenge, but I've had so much fun, and met/followed so many new and wonderful people, that I'm already planning my next challenge, beginning January 1st! I want to give a huge thanks to Kristine at Pink & Polished and Lorene at Over Polished for setting this up, and also to every single person who participated! Enough gushiness, and onto my Santas!


I will not take credit for this idea, as I've seen variations of it in several places, but I didn't use a specific manicure as a "tutorial" or thing to copy, so I won't credit a specific person either. Thinking about it now, Santa's Suit doesn't have a red stripe in the MIDDLE Of the white, and that was really a lack of thinking on my part :) But I love the overall turnout of this!

I started with a base of Volcano Burst by Free Hippie, a gorgeous, easy to work with red packed full of gold shimmer. I used the largest dotting tool I had to dot/swirl on the white with Sinful Colors Snow Me White, then used the same dot/swirl method to draw on the belts with Sinful Colors Black on Black. The buttons were dotted on with Black on Black and a smaller dotting tool. 

Once again, to all of you, thank you so much, and Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment