Thursday, November 1, 2012

Visions of Eternal Day: Eternal Sunshine by the Polish Bar

"Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned"

I don't know if either were the inspiration behind this polish, but I love both the film, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and the Alexander Pope poem, Eloisa to Abelard, from which it draws its name. 


Eternal Sunshine is a part of The Polish Bar's Late Summer Collection, and Janice describes it as "small purple square and hex glitters and sparkly, tiny navy and fuchsia hex glitters in a creamy light yellow base."


I am so glad that I received this polish, because it's not one that I ever would have chosen for myself. I enjoy the color yellow, but most yellow polishes (especially the bright ones that I tend to pick!) end up looking very odd against my skin. I have a very fair, cool toned complexion, so yellows tend to clash. But this is very pale, creamy and soft, and I think it played very well with my skin! And it was such a relief to wear a light, happy color after so many Halloween polishes and manicures! And before the Christmas mani rush starts :) (Tomorrow, by the way!)


This is three coats of Eternal Sunshine layered over itself, topped with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Out the Door. This polish was smooth enough that I would typically use one coat of Seche Vite on top, but I'm out. Trip to Sally on Saturday! Oh yeah: all photos taken in full, natural sunlight. 


White based glitter polishes are all the rage right now, and I like them as much as anyone, but I'm going to take it one step further: I love ANY pale, milky based glitter polish. This was a surprise, runaway hit with me!


I love how the glitter looks in this shot- click to enlarge, you won't be sorry! Eternal Sunshine applied like a dream. Three quick, easy coat and coverage was perfect. The glitter was evenly distributed, didn't clump together, and dried surprisingly smooth. I used a coat of Gelous, both out of habit, and because I'm out of Seche Vite, but I honestly think that a single coat of Out the Door would have been enough to smooth everything over. 

I have three other Polish Bar polishes to show off in the coming week: Celestial, Shirley and Berry Shimmer, the last of which is a holiday collection polish that will be released on Monday! Be sure to check back to see these other lovlies- I'm very excited about them.

The Polish Bar is currently on vacation, but the Holiday 2012 Collection is set to be released Monday, November 5th, so it will reopen by then! Polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Be sure to Like the Polish Bar on Facebook also: tons of gorgeous color swatches, and news on upcoming collections!

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



* This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment