Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank You Veterans! Featuring Soldier Boy by Hit Polish

The photo below is of my father, taken in the late 70's upon his swearing into the United States Army. He served his country, selflessly and proudly, for 25 years, and to this day he remains a soldier at heart. I could not be prouder of my father, or of any person who chooses to risk everything that they have and hold dear to protect and fight for the citizens of our country. I salute you, veterans of all branches of the United States Armed Forces! 


My photos today aren't the best, but I wanted to show off my Veteran's Day mani: Soldier Boy by Hit Polish. 


This is two coats of Soldier Boy over Fingerpaints Tough Art To Follow, topped with Seche Vite. Photos are taken indoors, under "daylight" bulbs.


Soldier Boy is evergreen, kelly green, brown and copper glitters in a clear base. 


Soldier Boy applied easily. I painted on the first coat, and then dabbed on the second to fill in any bare-ish spots. I think I would like to have seen a bit of black in there as well, but only because it fits better with my view of a soldier: old school Army BDU camouflage! The color scheme really is spot on for most other camo patterns though :)

HIT Polish can be purchased on Etsy. Soldier Boy is not currently listed, as the shop is stocked solely with seasonal fall and winter polishes, but regular colors should be available next week! Be sure to Like Hit Polish (also known as D & R Apothecary) on Facebook, for sales, freebies, swatches & news!


Support your veterans, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment