Monday, November 5, 2012

Sugar Plum Fairies: Berry Shimmer by The Polish Bar

Bit of a late post today, as I had to batch several bottles of polish to ship out! But here I am, and with a post that is rather more picture heavy than usual. I'm sure you don't mind :)


Today's polish is Berry Shimmer by The Polish Bar, and it is from the brand new Holiday 2012 Collection, just released today! It is a clear based polish with "holographic purple shreds and hexes, purple shreds, small lavender hexes and a splash of berry shreds in a clear base." This polish screamed "Sugar Plums" to me, so I wanted to pair it with something to fit that theme. On nail wheel, L-R: Two coats over Sinful Colors Amethyst, NYC Battery Park Purple, Sinful Colors Pink Forever, Cream Pink and Dream On, then three coats alone. 


I chose to layer it over Sinful Colors Amethyst, but I'm not really sure why. Looking back at that nail wheel now, I really should have gone with Battery Park Purple. Maybe I'll look for a fun plummy-pinky base color just to try this one out again!


Two coats of Berry Shimmer over Sinful Colors Amethyst, topped with Seche Vite. Photos taken in natural sunlight.


This has got to be the first time anyone has ever said: There is just too much glitter in this polish! The sun was giving me such a hard time trying to take photos!


Here we go in the shade.


And another shade shot- the glitter shows up much better without the sun glinting off of it!


And my favorite shot of all! Other than issues with photography, this polish went on perfectly. No dragging or clumping or fishing. The shreds lay completely flat without extra manipulation. Berry Shimmer is such a gorgeous and unique polish, and I don't think I'm really showing it here to its full potential. This on definitely rates a revisit, but I wanted to make sure you got to see this beauty on release day!

The Polish Bar (available on Etsy) returned from vacation mode today, with all of the Holiday 2012 polishes! Yay! BUT: if you see a polish you really must have, make sure to snap it up quick, as Janice goes back on vacation Thursday, 11.8 at midnight. Be sure to like The Polish Bar on Facebook for shop announcements (like a return date! which is expected in late November) and tons of gorgeous swatches. 


(What do you think of the new signature? I love it!)


*This polish was provided to me for an honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment