Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ready for Snow: Farore by Starlight Polish

I had the last of my Starlight Polishes to show off today, and I decided to do something a bit different with it. Farore is from the Companion Fairy set by Starlight Polish, and is named for the Goddess of Courage, associated with the color green. 


But I'll start off by showing you how this polish would typically be shown: over dark colors. This is one coat over Sinful Colors Black on Black and Rimmel Deliciously Dark. Farore is a color shifting glitter topcoat that  flashes teal, green and gold. 


I decided to try Farore over a white, as I had swatched it that was (for some reason) and loved the glittering, snowy look it gave! I'm not a huge fan of snow if I have to be outside in it, but I love winter, and Christmas, and gently falling flakes that I can sit and watch as I'm safe and cozy inside in my pjs. This is one coat of Farore over something like 5 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (love the end result, takes forever to build up though!). Topped with Out the Door. This photo was taken in overcast, natural light. All others taken indoors, with flash. 


The color shift is far less obvious over white than it is over black, but this combo was an absolute stunner! Gold was the most obvious color seen, but every here and there, was a gorgeous flash of green. I will definitely revisit this combination!


Almost looks iridescent! You can see the gold all over, and there are a few sparks of green near the free edge of my top finger! Doesn't this remind you of fresh, virgin snow on Christmas morning? As with all Starlight polishes, absolutely zero application issues. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about ANY of the polishes I've tried by Starlight. Issa specializes in color shifting topcoats, and she has some truly amazing ones! Obviously, best layered over dark colors, but I think I'll have to go back through all of them now, and see what other out-of-the box combinations I can come up with! 

Starlight Polishes are available on Etsy




*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment