Sunday, November 4, 2012

Don't Call Me: Shirley by The Polish Bar

My absolute favorite of all possible color combinations is black/white/grey/any combo thereof with pops of hot pink. So this polish and combo is definitely right up my alley!


Shirley by The Polish Bar is a clear based glitter topcoat filled with black and various shades of pink glitters. None of the glitters are very large, which gives this topper a nice, delicate feel.


Two coats of Shirley over Sinful Colors Slate, topped with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Out the Door. Photos taken in natural sunlight. 


The shimmer in Slate made this a little hard to photograph (morning sun was hitting it oddly and creating glare), but it is a beauty! The polish applied great- even glitter coverage and no dragging. Two coats gave me the perfect amount of glitter, and more (or fewer) coats would change up the look easily. I said earlier than the smaller glitters in Shirley give it a girly, delicate feel, and over this shimmery grey, this is a very feminine manicure. But I think it would look amazing over something dark and vampy as well: Next time I pull this puppy out, I think I'll layer it over Inkwell from Sinful Colors' Muse line. It's a deep, almost black plum color. 

The Polish Bar is currently on vacation, but Janice will be back to her Etsy shop TOMORROW (11/5) with her Holiday 2012 Collection, and I'll have one of those polishes to show you tomorrow as well! Like The Polish Bar on Facebook for previews and shop announcements.

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-

No comments:

Post a Comment