Wednesday, October 3, 2012

U-Neek Polish Part I: Autumn

I am such a sucker for fall colors. From dark muted greyed out colors to deep jewel tones to the pile of leaves color family. Over the next four days, I have four fabulous fall colors to show you from U-Neek Polish, a new to me Indie.


The first polish up is, appropriately, Autumn!


Janet from U-Neek describes Autumn as "a gold base with Fire Red, Emerald Green, and Golden Orange flakes." The glitters look more like hexes than standard flakes.


This is three coats of Autumn alone, topped with a coat of Seche Vite. Photos taken in full sunlight.


This photo is probably the least color accurate of the bunch, but it shows the golden shimmer the best!




This polish was fairly sheer- I used three coats, and you can still see some VNL in the closeup photo above, but it wasn't nearly as visible in person. I absolutely love sheer polishes, but this would also be great for layering. Your best bet would be a gold, but I think it would bring a gorgeous golden shimmer over the right red as well. I think I see a revisit in the future :)

Autumn applies well. The glitter is very small and a bit on the sparse side, making it very nice and delicate. The golden base plus the leaf-toned glitter very much reminds me of late afternoon sun shining on the pile of leaves in my backyard! 

U-Neek Polish is available on Etsy. Minis run $4-$4.25, while full sized bottles are $8. Be sure to stop by Facebook and Like U-Neek! Stop by over the next few days to see the other lovlies from the Fall Collection! 

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-


*This product was sent to me for an honest review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment