Monday, October 22, 2012

TIHNAC: Gradient

I'm baack! And I have another basic tecnique which I have never tried: gradient. At least, I've never done them properly, with a sponge and everything. I have done some fail-gradients by just sponging on with a Qtip, but this was was quicker and easier!


Excuse my horrible cleanup- this red was stubborn as hell!


I started with a base coat of Sally Hansen Ton of Bricks, then using a cosmetic sponge, dabbed on (top to bottom) Ton of Bricks, Sinful Colors Inkwell and Sinful Colors Black on Black. This isn't super strictly Halloweenish, but if I were ever a devil for Halloween, I would definitely come back to this look!


Then, in keeping with my indies, I added a coat of Darling Diva Polish's Diabla over the whole thing. This had the double benefit of an extra layer of devilishness, plus it made my color lines blend together a bit better! I'm overall pretty happy with the way this turned out, and I'm getting scarily into this whole nail art thing! 

Be sure to check out all the lovely other participants!
Cheers,
-Liz-
.






1 comment:

  1. Loving the glitter over this!!! Why didn't i think of that. LOL!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete