Friday, October 19, 2012

This Is Halloween: BATS!


Today's prompt was bats, and the one that I think I was most excited about! I know lots of people are freaked out by bats (my mother is absolutely terrified!), but I think they're absolutely adorable!


Ignoring the grossness on the walls, how cute is that little pile of furry! This little bat family was roosting in the eaves outside of TJ Maxx. There's about four of them in the photo- so tiny :)


I knew I didn't want to JUST use bats, so I did bats and cats, because they're both black, and they rhyme. Plus stars. I even did my thumb!


I started with a base of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Polar Bare. It took about 5 coats to get it as opaque as I wanted it- VERY sheer. I then added a layer of Starlight Polish Farore for a bit of glitz and sparkle. Then on to the stamping! (All stamping was done with Sinful Colors Black on Black.)

All the kitties (on my thumb and middle finger) are QA Plate 15.
The stars/moon (index finger, understamped with a yellow I whipped up with a random pigment) is from a plate that came with my Salon Express stamper. 
The bats on my index and ring fingers (two separate designs) are QA Plate 26. I also used a hole reinforcer and Black on Black to create a full moon look.
The all over stars on my pinkie (my first attempt at full coverage stamping!) is another plate that came with my stamper. 

So there you have it! I think I'm finally getting the hang of stamping, even if I'm not so great at it yet :)

Be sure to check out all the other lovely ladies participating in today's challenge!
Cheers,
-Liz-




1 comment: