Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Looks Legit: Twenty Seven Polish Fake ID

Today I have another lovely from Twenty Seven Polish to show off: Fake ID! I want to state right away that in my first Twenty Seven review (Space Cadet), I complained about the weirdly tiny caps on the mini bottles I received, and promised to show a comparison show of it next to a regular mini. I'm not going to do that, because the weird little caps have been replaced! Minis bottles will now come with the standard mini bottle caps. Still a bit awkward, perhaps, but those of us who tend to buy lots of minis are definitely used to them, and they are far easier to use!


Lisa from Twenty Seven Polish descibes Fake ID as "a bold mix of teal and pink glitters in a clear base." And bold it is! This is one (!) coat of Fake ID over Sinful Colors Black on Black, with an accent nail of one coat over Sinful Colors Out Of This World. Polish is all topped off with a coat of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite. This photo is taken in natural, though very rainy, light. All other photos are indoors with flash. 


My biggest problem with Fake ID was what to layer it over! I didn't really want to cop out and use black (though I obviously ended up doing just that), but I couldn't find other colors that I really liked it over. Blues and pinks blended in with the glitter too much, green just looked kind of funny, and none of my purples were just the right shade. I swatched this probably four times before I decided that black was the way to go. With the silver accent of course, but I prefer the look of Fake ID over the black. The glitters really pop that way!


Fake ID was great on application. A bit thick, but as only ONE coat is needed for decent glitter coverage, it's not an issue at all. I'm fairly positive this would become completely opaque in 3ish coats. It dried slightly gritty, as can be expected with a micro-glitter packed polish, but Gelous+SV smoothed everything over. I ended up liking this color way more than I thought I would, especially over black- it has a very 80's/early 90's feel to it that way :) 

Have you checked out Twenty Seven Polish yet? Lisa offers lovely glitter topcoats, plus a few color + glitter polishes. As of today (per the Twenty Seven shop announcements), there are several new colors on the way soon, including a black holo jelly and (hopefully!) color changing polishes! Check out Twenty Seven on Etsy, and be sure to stop by Facebook and Like them as well. 

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-



*This polish was provided to me for an honest review. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to review my polishes! I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete