Monday, October 29, 2012

Good Night Unto You All: An Honest Puck by Literary Lacquers

"If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended-
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme, 
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend.
If you pardon, we will mend.
And, as I am an honest Puck, 
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long.
Else the Puck a liar call, 
So good night, unto you all.


Today is, sadly, the last Literary Lacquer that I have to show you :( (Check out Jealous Oberon and Love in Idleness!) BUT- I saved my absolute favorite for last!


Literary Lacquers' An Honest Puck. Three coats, no undies. Topped with Seche Vite. Photos taken in natural sunlight. 


Amy from Literary Lacquers describes An Honest Puck as "bronzy-brown at its base and is loaded with gold, copper and bronze sparkle and dusted with elfin green glitters. . . The large hex glitters in this polish do have a slight curl to them, with the curl face down on the nail they are still smooth." An Honest Puck is also available WITHOUT the larger green hex glitters for those who either do not like larger glitters, or do not want to manipulate glitter.


I absolutely love the base on this polish! The multi-metallic micro glitters really combine to create an interesting base, and then the green just pops! I can't even . . . I just don't have words. This is a beautiful fall color, combining the last green of summer with the dead (but not dull) brown of winter. I think it would be an excellent spring color as well! I know everyone wants pastels and brights come springtime, but this would be a perfect transitional polish. Early March maybe. Yeah, everything is still dead (at least it is in Wisconsin!), but there is the hope of Spring, and of new green growth. It's multi-seasonal!


The Etsy description does warn that the larger glitters tend to curl (as seen with Love In Idleness- which was still quite workable), but I really didn't have any problem with curling in this polish. The glitter came out smooth and laid flat for me. If there was any curling, it was slight enough that I didn't even notice it. I had to fish a little bit for the larger bits, but that's pretty standard for larger glitters. 

I used three coats here, and the base was completely opaque. This could probably be layered over another color, but I wouldn't recommend it. My three coats gave complete saturation of micro glitters on the nail, and I think that effect would be lost by doing one coat over a similar color. 

If you haven't tried Literary Lacquers yet, I can't urge you strongly enough to do so! They can be browsed (and purchased from!) on Etsy. Tons of great swatches on Facebook, too! Plus, then you get updates in your newsfeed.

Support your indies, ladies!
Cheers,
-Liz-


*This product was provided to me for an honest review.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your reviews! I love your photos and appreciate the time and effort you've taken! <3 <3 Amy Milder-Literary Lacquers

    ReplyDelete