Tuesday, October 23, 2012

8 Spooky Nights: Vampires


This is probably the prompt in this challenge that I was most excited about, and I knew immediately what I was going to do!


This is my inspiration photo, and it's the cover of the mini notebook that I keep in my purse! I got it on clearance after the Back to School season last year. I believe it was at ShopKo. It even says "Vampire" on that pink ribbon in the upper right corner!


And here is my inspired mani :) I started with a base of Sinful Colors Black on Black (I'm going to need a new bottle after this month!), and a pinkie accent of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Presto Pink. 
On my index, I stamped on the fangs (cause you gotta have the direct vamp reference somewhere, right?) using QA plate 26, then drew on my blood with a dotting tool. 
Middle: freehanded the moon with a dotting tool, then stamped on the bats in a grey franken that I made for my birthday mani using the same QA plate. 
Ring: stamped on the heart using a plate that came with my Salon Express stamper, and freehanded the line with a flat nail art brush. (That's a lie. My "nail art" brushes are actually regular artist's detail brushes, but they were far more readily available to me than the 30 minute drive to Sally. They work for me!)
Finally, the pinky is a double stamp from, again, QA 26, using the grey franken and Black on Black. 

I got the QA plates with some Copious credits, and the seller didn't include a brand name or anything in the listing. Does anyone know the actual brand name of plates with a QA number series! Because I've used the 26 plate soo many times this month, it has tons of great Halloween images! I'd love to get more plates from the same company, if they offer more holiday themed plates!

Be sure to check out the amazing other ladies participating in this challenge!
Cheers,
-Liz-



Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Mimi Manicures
Seriously Swatched 8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs

4 comments:

  1. These are Awesome! I love the pink - and your reference pic. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! This is definitely my fave from either challenge so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love the pink and black combo. :)

    ReplyDelete