Friday, July 27, 2012

Those Summer . . . Niiights

When I receive polishes from various indie brand to review, I try to let them pick the colors they send. This way, I can be sure that I get the polishes that they feel are truly their best work. If not that, then brand new, fancy colors. In my package from Lacey Lou's Stockpile, I got my first ever polish that I really wouldn't have picked myself. My loss.


Meet Summer Nights.


As before, Lacey does not give a detailed description of this polish in her Etsy listing, but says that it is full of hearts, stars and actual beach sand from California.

I think the sand idea is really neat, though it may have scared me a bit if I read that as a buyer! But don't worry- the sand is super fine, and did not effect the application of this polish at all. It does contain silver hearts and stars, as well as micro aqua and silver glitter, plus a super fine rainbow-y kind of glitter. I'm not a big fan of blue, but then I realized this was a topper, not colored. So what else would I put something called "Summer Nights" over than the ultimate night color: black.


Wow. Holy galaxy nails! I feel kind of bad now for being all "Meh" about it at first. 


Photos taken in indoor light, no flash. Creme black, two coats of Summer Nights, one coat SV.


Close up: behold the majesty of the universe! I think this would look amazing over a pearl black as well.


Application was problem free, very little fishing for any of the shapes. But some of the stars were very thin, and ripped as I was trying to paint them on. You can see a "good" star on my top finger two photos up, and a "bad" star in this photo. The bad stars ended up looking like shatter glitter. Still neat. If I had placed the stars rather than trying to paint them on normally, I doubt I would have had this problem. I used two thick coats of Seche Vite to make sure the shapes stayed in place. 

I was very surprised at how much I ended up liking this polish. I wore it for two days, and I'm an every night kind of polisher. I have an old bottle of Rimmel Deliciously Dark (an amazing almost-black purple creme) that I want to try this over next- I'll be sure to post an update when I do! If you're a blue lover, a dark navy would look amazing as well. In the Etsy listing, it appears to be layered over white, which I really don't think does it justice!
Lacey Lou's Stockpile can be purchased on Etsy, and liked on Facebook

Do you have any Lacey Lou's? Which ones reeled you in?





*This product was provided to me for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment