Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Non-Polish Review!

When I was an Etsy newbie, back in the day, my very first purchase, and about the subsequent ten, were all indie cosmetics. I went on a sample shopping spree. I fell in love with the idea of indie cosmetics. Then indie polish came on the radar, and I sort of forgot about the whole makeup scene. Until I began this blog, and began searching for more and more companies to spotlight. After all, there are only so many indie polish brands out there! So, without further ado . . .


For my very first non-polish related post, I have three lovely shadows from Moon Goddess Cosmetics. Selina from Moon Goddess offers loose mineral shadows in matte, semi-matte, shimmer and super shimmer, as well as shimmery lip gloss. All products are vegan and cruelty free! I received three sample size baggies, from three different shadow collections. 


Envy, Libra, Telephone



Dry swatches over eye primer, top to bottom: Telephone, Envy, Libra

"Envy is a bold and rich green with some golden undertones. Has a shimmery finish." Envy is part of the Seven Deadly Sins Collection.

"Libra is a shade of pretty pink with a shimmer finish." Libra is part of the Zodiac Collection.

"Telephone is a bright teal color with a semi-matte finish. Inspired by the headress Lady Gaga wore in her music video 'Telephone'." From the seven piece Lady Gaga Collection. Even described as "semi-matte", Telephone still featured enough shimmer to stand up along with the other two.



Since there were three shadows, I tried three different looks with them. This look is Telephone on the brow bone and inner eye crease, Libra on eyelid crease and lower lash line, and Envy on the lid. All looks feature NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer, Cover Girl Perfect Point Eyeliner in Black Onyx, and Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Very Black.



Look 2 features Telephone on the lid and lower lash line, and Envy on the crease. This is my favorite look of the three, and I've actually worn it out three times!



Look 3 shows Libra on the crease, Envy on the lid and Telephone on the lower lash line.


All three of these shadows went on very opaque and bright, but were super blendable. I applied them over primer with an Eco Tools Bamboo Eye Shadow brush. Each look took less than 5 minutes to apply, and lasted all night! I wore it out shopping in 100 degree heat one day- trying on clothes and everything- and barely experienced any melt down, and no caking at all. 

Moon Goddess Cosmetics offers tons of bright, beautiful shades of shadow, as well as gorgeous, shimmery lip glosses that appear to be pretty bright as well. While I haven't tried the lip shades, they are certainly on my wish list now. 

Moon Goddess Cosmetics can be purchased on Etsy. Full size 5 gram jars are $7, and come with a sifter on request. Samples come in 3 gram jars for $3.50. This shop also features free shipping on all US order, free applicators with any full size shadow purchase, and a free shadow sample on all orders over $25! You can also follow on Facebook, Twitter and Blogspot




*These products were provided to me for an honest review.












1 comment:

  1. Awesome review...great work. Im glad you enjoyed them! Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete