Sunday, July 15, 2012

All That Glitters- Very Peacock-ish

Let me start out by saying that blues are not my favorites. I only own about 3 blue polishes, and I don't wear them much. But I received this beauty from All That Glitters, and I may have found a blue that I'll actually wear again. Kirsten describes this color: :Very Peacock-ish has a blue/green pearly base with small blue and green glitters in various colors, shapes and sizes as well as gold and black opal (black/navy/dark purple) large hexes scattered throughout."

All That Glitters Very Peacock-ish in the sun

Indoors


Again, indoors

I started by swatching this color on a nail wheel. Then I lost the wheel, and started another one before I did a full mani. 

From left: 3 coats of Very Peacock-ish alone, and one coat over NYC High Line Green, Sinful Colors Gorgeous, and Love My Nails Orchid

From left: One coat of Very Peacock-ish over Sinful Colors Happy Ending, Sally Hansen Green with Envy, Sinful Colors Gorgeous (again), and Sinful Colors Cinderella

I started my full mani with two coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella. It's a lovely light blue with pink shimmer. 


Two coats of Very Peacock-ish over Cinderella. The blue base of VP shows up very nicely over the pale blue of Cinderella. 

Very Peacock-ish went on smoothly, with no fishing. I didn't dig for any of the large glitters on my nails, they came out and went on as they wanted. Large glitters are usually a pain in the ass, but these played very nicely. Impressive. 

It did dry slightly gritty. Two thickish coats of SV smoothed everything out. I have a tendency to pick at large glitters if they're not absolutely flat, so I did pull a few off of the sides of my nail. Overall, this is a wonderful glitter. 

All That Glitters can be found on Etsy, and on Facebook. Full size bottles run $8, and there are some amazing colors to choose from! I'm crushing on Hole Hearted, Space Rock and Ziggy Stardust in a BIG way! Kirsten is currently in the process of moving, so her shop is closed, but she will reopen as soon as she is set up. 




*This polish was provided to me for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment