Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Shimmer Polish Pt. II: Vanessa

I have the second of my two Shimmer Polishes to show off today: Vanessa!


 It is described in the shop as "Dark grey silver pewter with a hint of red." Which is pretty spot on, but doesn't quite do it justice! The main glitter in this polish is a gunmetal grey with lots of silver. There is red, as well as a slightly larger black glitter, and some holo thrown in for good measure. Right up my alley- I *adore* grey polishes :) This polish will be opaque in three coats, and just like Airriann, is packed with small glitters.



I started off layering this over Sinful Colors San Francisco as a glitter gradiant, but I really wasn't feeling it. I didn't even do both hands. But in the interest of full disclosure, I thought I'd share it anyway. I don't know what possessed me to try this on green. I doesn't look horrible, but there isn't any green glitter to pick up the polish . . . but I really love this green. Proof that just because you really love two things, doesn't mean those two things are good together!



Second attempt: I started with two coats of L.A. Colors BCC, a dark, pewtery silver. 



Two coats of Vaness over the BCC. One coat of Seche Vite. Photo taken in natural light. 


And inside, with flash.

Seche Vite did not play nice with this polish. I had some pretty bad shrinkage. But I'm really not an SV fan. Out the Door and Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps topcoats both looked lovely, with no shrinkage. 

Vanessa is named after the creators friend and her love for Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. It can be purchased in her Etsy shop for $12. She can also be found on Facebook and her own Blog.








No comments:

Post a Comment